MVRsimulation has built 3D terrain covering most regions of the world in its round-earth geocentric VRSG terrain format for rendering in VRSG. These 3D terrain datasets were built with MVRsimulation’s Terrain Tools for Esri® ArcGIS®.
- Continental USA with AK and HI (CONUS++) with 28 geospecific modeled airfields and several urban training sites
- Africa, with a geospecific virtual replicas of Kismayo, Somalia. and Tripoli, Libya
- Asia and Middle East, with geospecific virtual replicas of Khairabad, Afghanistan, Baghdad, Dubai, Mischief Reef, Hajin, Syria, Aden, Yemen, and Okinawa, Mount Fuji, and Tokyo, Japan
- Australia and Oceania
- Europe, with 0.50 mpp natural color insets of Portugal and Spain, geospecific replicas of the Monte Real Air Base (LPMR), Leira, Portugal, and Albecete Air Base (LEAB), Spain, virtual replicas of towns in Leon and Lugo provinces, Spain; virtual replicas of five towns in Latvia; a virtual replica of Kaliningrad, Russia; and terrain of Ukraine, built from 0.50 to 15.0 mpp resolution source imagery, including a geotypical virtual urban MOUT site situated in Kharkiv, Ukraine
- North America (excluding CONUS++)
- South America
All terrain datasets contain high-resolution insets of many areas of interest (AOI). You can add culture assets from MVRsimulation’s extensive model libraries, your own models, or models extruded and textured with Esri CityEngine® using MVRsimulation’s Scenario Editor.
MVRsimulation's 3D terrain is "Additional Materials" and is provided "as is" as described in our license agreement. Although MVRsimulation might modify or enhance the original source imagery, some visual artifacts from the source imagery might remain in the terrain tiles.
MVRsimulation's 3D terrain datasets in VRSG (MDS) format are available for purchase to customers who are on active VRSG software maintenance and are US Government or NATO agencies or contractors (for official use only). The terrain datasets are provided in MVRsimulation's round-earth VRSG terrain format and will only run with a valid VRSG software license with active software maintenance.
How to Obtain 3D Terrain Region Datasets
The 3D terrain region datasets are each delivered on an external hard drive. To order a region of world terrain, specify the line item on the order form and then provide the name of the region. Region terrain datasets are distributed on portable, external 4 TB drives.
The entirety of world 3D terrain can be obtained by purchasing:
- All world region terrain drives plus all regions of CONUS++ terrain.
- All world terrain (including CONUS++) delivered on a direct-attached, large-volume (DALV) storage device compatible with laptop/notebook and desktop computer configurations requiring USB 3.1.
A fee covers processing large quantities of data into round-earth VRSG terrain format and hard drive distribution media.
You can request a quote for 3D terrain directly from MVRsimulation by consulting the Price List and then filling out the quote request form.
All specifications and policies on this page are subject to change without notice.