The following is a baseline system configuration for a multi-channel dome setup:
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10 on a 64-bit system.
- CPU: Intel Core I7-8086K processor and Asus motherboard.
- Memory: 32 GB (4 - 8 GB) PC4-17000/DDR4-2133 unbuffered 1.20V UDIMM RAM.
- Graphics hardware: nVidia GeForce RTX 3090 or NVIDIA Quadro RTX6000.
- Storage: 2 TB 2.5" SATA-600 solid-state drive (SSD) for the operating system; Enterprise 10 TB 7200 RPM SATA-600 hard drive recommended for data storage.
- Network card: 10 Gigabit FastEthernet (Cat6A) and 1 Gigabit FastEthernet (Cat5e).
- Graphics software: Microsoft DirectX 11.
- Rackmount chassis.
- USB 3.1 gen2 port: MVRsimulation products are delivered on a USB drive.
Typical dome simulation machines are rack-mounted and drive projectors with blended and warped output. Genlocked graphics cards may be required to keep output synchronized across multiple hosts & projectors.