We are always on the lookout for highly skilled and motivated individuals who seek a challenging career opportunity and can contribute to both MVRsimulation's success and their success.
MVRsimulation offers a unique work environment. Our company is a small, dedicated team, comprised mainly of engineers, focused on delivering the best products in our industry. Our core staff brings experience from the simulation and training industry and the game industry; it is this collective knowledge base that we consider our greatest commodity. We work in a geographically distributed environment in the US; all staff members work remotely from home offices.
MVRsimulation monitors its growth such that we can maintain a unique environment of freedom, technology, ethics, and profitability that meets our customers' needs and contributes to the professional growth of our staff. In addition to our flexible working environment, we offer a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
If you think you would like to work at MVRsimulation, submit your resumé via email as a PDF attachment or as an ASCII-formatted resumé directly in the message to firstname.lastname@example.org. No initial phone inquires will be accepted. Following your submission, if we determine that you might be a potential candidate for an open position, a MVRsimulation staff member will contact you to conduct an initial phone interview.
All policies on this page are subject to change without notice.
Open Position: 3D Artist
We are looking for a talented 3D artist to join our small remote-working team. This is a full-time position offering a varied and dynamic role for the right person.
What you'll be doing
- Create realistic real-time 3D models of vehicles, buildings, and props.
- Create true-to-life textures for classic rendering pipeline (diffusion materials).
- Be able to work from photo references, blueprints, and technical documentation.
- Collaborate with external/remote team.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Help maintain the art assets within the database, ensuring everything is organized accordingly.
- 3+ years experience as a 3D artist.
- Mastery of relevant software packages such as 3ds Max or Maya.
- Knowledge of basic rigging inside of 3ds Max or Maya for vehicles models to test movement and functionality.
- Experience working within a real-time engine and implementing 3D work to fit the requirements.
- Experience in working in games or simulation companies.
- Knowledge of traditional materials for classic rendering and physically based rendering (PBR) materials.
- Deep knowledge of low-poly modeling.
- Advanced understanding of surface development, proportion, and mechanical functionality.
- Ability to take source CAD data and optimize it.
- Familiarity/proficiency with Esri CityEngine a bonus.
- Creative mindset with an excellent eye for detail.
- Experience in taking an asset from start to finish, including texturing work, level-of-detail, world placement, and adjustment if necessary.
Working with MVRsimulation
Our company is 100% remote, working from home offices. All software licenses will be purchased by the company and you will have the very latest in computer hardware to include the most current graphics PC that is custom built by our company. A budget is provided to purchase any game related console or games. All office furniture, internet connectivity and a cell phone are paid by the company. We use slack to communicate. This is a full-time position with a 3-month evaluation period. We require a sample model as proof of capability, which will be paid work should we accept it for our library.
To apply for this position, please submit your resumé via email as a PDF attachment or as an ASCII-formatted resumé directly in the message to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!